Ever since I cut 4/5 of my hair a week ago (about 12 inches shorter), I feel completely renewed. I must concede this is one of the best things I did for myself this year. Months ago, a lot of people has been commenting about my long thick hair – how lovelier (quoting them directly) it looks if it’s tied in a bun, or a ponytail. And I thought it would be much more hassle-free and extremely convenient if I just cut everything off.
And it’s really amusing how people reacted to my newly-cut hair, and I’ve actually compiled a few:
- “Why did you cut your hair? Are you okay? Are you going through a break up?”
- “OMG! I miss your long hair. Don’t you miss it?”
- “I think u r pretty” “I rly think u r gorgeous” –my best friend hahahahaha
- *friend smiles really brightly* “You look so different.”
- Friend: *stares at me for 2 minutes and does not say a word* Me: *looks down and tries really hard to look back*
- "Did you cry when you cut it?" (No, I did not cry. HAHA)
- "Kreisha!" "What?" "IT’S NICE!!!!"
And since I was bombarded with questions why I thought of cutting my hair about 10 inches shorter, here are possible reasons why:
- The hairstylist actually made a mistake. I told her to cut 5 inches below my shoulder, but she does not speak English so she only understood 5 inches, and voila, the birth of my new hair.
- I am trying to be thrifty. With less hair, I wouldn’t need to consume so much hair products, and I would not need to buy bobby pins, ponytails, buns. And I could also fully utilize my money on clothes, food, food and food.
- To be able to express that the length of hair does not define beauty.
- I am frustrated with life, so I actually did not have a haircut but my hair shrank back because of stress. (HAHAHAH)
- Singapore is just really hot, and I could use some fresh air on my neck.
- I wanted to donate my hair (True story. But it was not qualified because it was chemically treated, and it has to be at least 12 inches long, and not layered. Someday, I’ll do it though.)
- I just genuinely wanted to get a haircut.
- Steph Asuncion in the movie Maybe This Time kind of feeling (Because “she’s back in his life and it feels so right” although “there was neberr an uthhh” HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. This one’s a joke, really.)
It does not really bother me what others would think of it as long as I’m extremely comfortable and happy with how it is. And I’m really glad that I took the risk of snipping so much hair off. It’s a declaration of freedom and boldness.
We number our days and divide our seasons. We endlessly define what it is to be in love. When in truth, spring blurs into summer and always has, long before that line was ever drawn. Your love for him is the same—it runs wild and free. Like the air around you, it stretches all across the world, it does not leave a single thing untouched. You carry that love with you, like a bright and blazing beacon, a straight line from your heart to his.– Lang Leav (via lovequotesrus) Via LoveQuotesRus
In life, I hope these buttons exist:
- A stop button to anything and everything. When you think you’re very much tired of shits, you just press stop and it’s all over. It’s not suicide but it’s just a temporary (or even a permanent stop) and then when you’re ready, you just hit Resume (or New).
- A transfer button. You want to transfer your life to someone else who needs it more? Just click the button. Because I do, I really do wanna transfer mine to my Tito right now. I somehow feel that he deserves it a lot more.
- A pause button at any random moment. When you just want time to freeze for a moment because everything is perfect and beautiful, and you just want to hold everything in your grasp and relish, and relish, and relish it.
- A teleport button. Because there are times when you just want to be in someone’s arms at that instant, IN THIS INSTANT.
- A save button to save all the lovely memories and just play it when you’re feeling down.
- A break button to stop any feelings – to stop falling in love with the wrong people, to stop feeling the pain, to stop crying every night, to stop being depressed.
But life is not Dragon Nest or DOTA or Diablo, and you can’t have all these buttons. I wish I could say that it’s okay not to have all these, because in life, there’s something else better. But I’m still in the process to find out the better. Maybe there is. Maybe there isn’t.
How long does your ideal hug last
that’s really impractical
u said ideal, not realistic
They were smiling at each other as if this was the beginning of the world.– F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Love of the Last Tycoon (via llbolek)
(Source: mandabookcorner)Via wanderlust
I was ranting to her that I have been eating alone for the past few weeks and I disliked it. Hahahaha!
If you could see yourself through my eyes…..
“I have always wanted to talk to you. I come early for lectures just in case you would come early too, but you were always late. And you would usually sit on the other side so I was never close and never had a chance to talk to you. After lectures, you would disappear immediately. I’m not sure what the rush is but you always seem to be gone immediately when the lecture is over. And I’m glad I finally talked to you a few months ago, but then you disappeared again for your IAP…so I just had to get your number from someone else because I really wanted to talk to you.”
Beri sweet heheheh. (:
- Stomach going to an amusement park, and riding a very thrilling rollercoaster. It’s churning really, really badly and it feels like a never-ending ride.
- Being an industrialized hydrocholoric acid producer. That terrible feeling when you’re only puking out fluid and fluid and fluid, because you’re stomach is so empty yet it’s still being overly generous by producing more acid to be vomited.
- Pain demands to be felt in your chest. Almost like a heart attack, almost like you’re dying but not really (which makes you wish otherwise).
- Fear of eating (because you will worry that the food you consume will only be put to waste because refer to number 2.)
- When you’ve actually had the courage to eat, it’s gonna taste bitter so you might as well not eat.
- Stinging sensation when the acid travels on your throat, and if you’re not lucky enough, through your nose.
- You may want to cry.